Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Social Media Revolution


RT Staff Note: NCSA College Athletic Scholarships Blog is a great resource for baseball players wanting to know more about the college recruitment process. This is a short article from their web site.

The University of Michigan offering Aundrey Walker a full-athletic isn’t ground-breaking news. The 6′5″ 355 offensive tackle has been receiving offers from colleges across the country. What is ground-breaking is the manner in which he heard from Michigan Coach Rick Rodriguez on his Facebook page.

“I just checked out my Facebook page and Coach [Rich] Rodriguez just sent me a message that I had an offer from them,” Walker reported. “I’m blessed and honored, but at the same time I am staying humble because it can be taken away from me at any time.”

Walker replied to Coach Rodriguez with his home address so he can receive the official offer from the Wolverines in the mail. He said it is likely he will make an unofficial visit to Ann Arbor on Feb. 20 for Michigan’s Junior Day so he can learn more about what they have to offer.

“I’m interested in anybody who is interested in me,” Walker said. “Now that [Michigan] has offered me and shown me that they love me, my interest level is medium to high.”

College Coaches are now actively using Social Media to contact recruits in a meaningful and personal way. Recruits would be wise to:

1) Create Recruiting Specific Social Media Sites, so coaches can easily contact them.

2) Make sure to monitor everything that goes up on the page to ensure it is always professional.

Read more: The Social Media Revolution Continues | NCAA Recruiting http://www.ncsasports.org/blog/2010/02/05/the-social-media-revolution-continues/#ixzz0jcLRsmsl

No comments: